A Sense of Gratitude – Episode 019
the year winds or has wound down for some of you, it’s important that we reflect back on the year, but at the same time as most of us are wrapping up our semester and wrapping up everything we have accomplished, it’s important that we have sense of gratitude:
What is gratitude? Google definition – the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
“she expressed her gratitude to the committee for their support”
So I wanted to read a quote that truly sums up a perspective that helps put the school year into perspective
Let’s Unpack the quote:
Gratitude makes sense of our past
– When you look at your past with a sense of gratitude, it helps you understand that you made it! All those times when you didn’t think you would make it, well you did!
– First year teaching, you made it!
– Hindsight is 20/20, so everything that makes us who we are, The good and the bad, is wrapped up in our past. We should be grateful for that because it is us
Brings peace for today
– We should find comfort in who we are.
– Again, there are several times through the day when, in the hectic nature to the day, we forget about the fact that we did it! We survived! We made it and no matter where we find ourselves, we should have some peace, because no matter how bad it was, we survived things that we didn’t think we would
Creates a vision for tomorrow
– Self awareness is critical to our future
– Self awareness is a accepting the mud of past, today, for a clearer tomorrow
– It is imperative that we understand who we are today, in order for us to be able to plan and visualize our future
– It’s difficult for us to plan for our future, without having a firm grip on our present, and a clear understanding of our future
Why is this so important for a teacher?
– We are modeling behavior that we want our kids who see and underatnd
– The more we understand ourselves, the clearer we are about our intentions
– And the clearer we are about our actions, the more precise we preform
– And we model this behavior, our students pick up on this, and they then can be successful
We need to be the kind do person/students we want to see in the classroom
As the adult in the room, it is important that we inspire our students to be the best that they can be… with gratitude.
We have the opportunity to turn a child’s life around, to truly make a difference in the world of some of our kids, let’s be grateful for this opportunity…. For the opportunity to bring hope to our students, by being the kind of people they aspire to be
And make sure that every day
You seal it up with a smile 🙂